Friday, August 7, 2009

Journey To The West

I'd been counting the days till the 5th of August which was the day I had to leave Malaysia. I always wanted to go to the states but when this day was near, I felt more and more reluctant to get on the plane. I knew I would miss home. Home is where I could get housekeeping, consulting, catering, cab, dishwashing and other services for free! It's such a shame to not know how lucky I was to wake up in the afternoon to find a cup of Milo and breakfast lying on the table. These days are gone!

I couldn't believe that everything was happening. Even before I went up the plane, I still couldn't accept the fact that I was leaving. I didn't want my friends to go but they insisted on sending me off. Like I said, I have amazing friends and it's hard to not love them. By the time I was leaving, I tried to hold back my tears and give my widest smile. I don't know how ugly it was but I think I managed to smile. It was just mixed emotions which is hard to explain in words. Here are some pictures taken at KLIA.

Let me introduce to you my partner in crime, Suresh!
Getting my last lecture + advice from Sebastian & Mama.
My bro, Sebastian.
World's best mum!
Okay, this is not taken at KLIA but Wei Hong came for the last dinner.My super good friend, Li Min.
Girlfriends, from the left, Chen Xiao, Selina and Victoria ~~<{@

My flight to Singapore was earlier than Suresh's flight. So I reached Changi Airport before him and took a tiresome stroll in the airport. After he arrived, we had dinner at Burger's King and had nothing better to do than to transform into camwhores to keep ourselves awake. Imagine that, 8 long hours from 10pm to 6am. You can't blame us for not being ourselves! Here are some pictures taken at Changi Airport.


Then, we took a couple more pictures in the plane and after we arrived at Hong Kong's airport for transit.


After that, we had a 14-hour flight to Chicago and half way through, my butt and backbones were aching like shit but couldn't do much about it. I tried every sitting position to make myself comfortable but none of them help and *whispers: I hated the guy who sat next to me.* *yells: He's bloody inconsiderate!!!* I'm just glad it's over. I can now breathe a sigh of relief. Phew!

In Chicago, we had to go through immigration and custom checks and one of the staffs there was a pain in the ass. We were in a hurry to go on to the next flight and this staff who was processing Suresh's documents took her own sweet time, eating watermelon. Yeah and we missed our flight to Chicago but thank God we didn't have to pay for it and we met this new amazing friend, Madison and his mum in the plane. They not only gave us a free ride to the motel and also gave us a free tour around the campus. Should I say we were damn lucky to miss the previous flight?

Due to unforseen circumstances, Suresh's baggage was checked-in to a later flight and he needed to buy some new clothes otherwise, he would stink like shit and so we took a cab to the world's largest retail, Wal-Mart! By the time we reached the motel, I was completely washed-out and I went to bed dog-tired.

Best thing always comes last. This is one of my favorites. They're the two V.V.I.P of my life. <3
And no matter what, I'll always remember the way back home, always.

0 comments: