Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friends First

Friends First by Jeff Roher

I ask you for forgiveness;
For what?
I really do not know,
I ask you for understanding;
As to why?
We never had a chance to grow.

Emotions overflowing;
Everything moving so fast,
Making my world a blur,
Everything with you felt so right,
So beautiful, and then just like that,
It was over.

It was over -
Really just what was "it",
That was never meant to last?
I was living in the moment,
Under a spell from which,
Your beauty cast.

Two people that shared,
A few precious moments in time together,
We shared too much, too fast,
None of which I regret, whatsoever.

It was over, I think not,
Maybe a new beginning to an abrupt end,
A new chance for us,
To enjoy a new friend.

Footprints left in the sand,
Can be made by anyone wherever, whenever,
Footprints left in the heart,
Made by a friend lasts forever.

Two people so perfect for each other,
Two birds of the same feather,
Friends first was our promise,
Friends we will remain together.

0 comments: