Friday, July 17, 2009

Annoying Hic...Hiccups!

Ugh, the hiccups were killing me! I drank a lot of water but failed to get rid of them. I wanted a 10-second way to cure them and so I googled cure for hiccups. Then, I found a quick and effective way and it worked great!

It's called the "Drink Entire Glass Of Water While Blocking Both Ear And Nose" Method
1. Fill to the brim a glass of water.
2. With your thumbs, plug your ears.
3. With your index fingers, plug your nostrils (squeeze to close).
4. With both ears and nostrils plugged, use your remaining free fingers to grasp the glass and raise it to your mouth.
5. Drink the entire glass of water without releasing ears or nostrils.
6. YOU MUST FINISH THE ENTIRE GLASS OF WATER without releasing ears or nostrils.
7. Once empty, gently place the glass on the table and SLOWLY unplug ears and nostrils and take a first breath.
8. Hiccups are gone!
IMPORTANT: PLEASE AVOID ATTEMPTING THIS CURE IN THE PRESENCE OF people who will make fun of you and try to make you laugh.
DO IT ALONE THE FIRST TIME and you'll soon be able to suggest it to your friends and other 'unbelievers'.

Source: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/how-to-cure-hiccups.html

I followed all 7 steps which led to a result of 8. So, yaaaaaaaaay!!!

2 comments:

Huey Juen said...

hahaha i kinda tried doing this by imagining the invisible cup, and found myself laughing later. HAHA

Cynthia said...

I look really stupid when I do that but it works all the time so who cares?