Friday, July 10, 2009

The Alliance Bank Incident

It was a moment of carelessness that led to this disaster on the road. Thank God it wasn't that serious but still my cousin's car was badly damaged and this lesson was paid to be bitterly learned.

The scattered pieces of I'm-not-sure-what flew up the dented bonnet. They were probably the broken pieces of the headlight. That was when my soul came out to wander. My mind went blank but in this state, I managed to signal to the left and stop by the roadside. The panicky me got down from the car and stared blankly at the truck driver till the kind uncle reminded me to call my parents and so I did. Then, I rushed to Alliance Bank to pay for the visa application fee and waited till mum arrived. Surprisingly, I didn't get any scoldings which made me feel even guiltier. It was clearly my fault but I learned my lesson well.

There's always a first time to everything. Almost everything.