Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Workplace Is Hell But It Brings Childhood Memories

I'm not trying to make a statement that work is boring but being a promoter in Parkson Grand Mahkota Parade is just plain boring! It seems more like a standing competition to me. I mean, how many customers can you expect when there are places like DP and Carrefour? For the past week, I'd spent most of my time building castles in the air, making myself dumber as my brain had stopped functioning for quite awhile when there were very few people checking out the children dresses at my counter. Anyhow, I still enjoy watching how parents pamper their little darlings, trying every possible way to coax their princesses into trying out the dresses and there was this young, pretty lady who even asked me for sweets or chocolates. and at last, she had to play a true tone which went like "Meooow, meoooow..." on her phone just to get her precious daughter to wear the dress. How sweet! It always makes me happy to watch these frolicking children playing hide and seek, chasing after one another, walking hand in hand with their parents, pulling their dad's mustache or kissing their dad's @$$. Naive little rascals!

Sometimes, I wish I could turn back time or time travel back to my past when my brother and I used to catch tadpoles from the drains, build our territory under the old double-decker bed where we hid and imagined we were fighting wars, build our playground in the bedroom, take midnight walks on the rooftop to spy on people and look for our cousins next door, skip a rope till the break of dawn, steal the flags on the offerings during the hungry-ghost festivals and burn them in the old cinema which is now dad's office, go on bike expeditions when I got lost once but managed to find my way home, give names to every single pillow and bolster, I can name a few: Bearku, Dolly, Yellow Hair and many more but frankly speaking, I hated the wrestling, boxing, Dragon Ball, Street Fighter, KOF part when I always got bullied. My hands and legs would be twisted and ended up in wrong positions. All these explain why at times I'm so unladylike but up till today I still miss those days. The fun times of my childhood days.

Last, I wish there were more customers so I didn't have to daydream that often and scribble your name all over my daily sales report.

0 comments: