Saturday, April 25, 2009

Life Is Full Of Challenges. Get Over It!

Life's full of challenges and every obstacle in our path's a lesson to something new. Lessons in the art of appreciation, lessons in forgiveness, lessons in becoming your best self and so on. Tough times always make you stronger after you successfully defeat what brings you down and pick yourself up from the ground.

In life, you meet mean people. In relationships, you meet the wrong ones. When he loves you, he can be super nice and you feel that you're the luckiest person on earth but after feelings fade, you see the angel halo above his head slowly fading and the devil horns revealing. He tells you he has no time for you and leaves you to bleed, with false hopes. You wait like a fool, not knowing that he's just toying around with your feelings. Every night, you cry yourself to sleep and say encouraging words to make yourself have faith in him. There's no sign but you keep waiting and deep down in your heart, you feel emptiness. You cry a million tears.

And what does he do?

He pretends to be busy when you're around. He gives you the frosty stare when you try to talk to him. Your friends tell you that he's after this girl and you don't believe it till you witness with your own watery eyes. He gives the present that you bought for him to the girl and claims that he bought it on his own. He dedicates this poem to her when long time ago he said it was for you and now you realize it's a lie. You see his true colors and he's not capable of understanding what he's done to you. You wanna understand why but you're hurting yourself. You swallow your pride and try to be forgiving but he doesn't seem to give a shit. His heart belongs to someone else.

And what're you gonna do?

Now, I'm sure I haven't passed this lesson in forgiving but I don't wanna be trapped in this cage of hate. I forced myself to let my clenched fist open but sometimes, I feel the adrenaline bursting through my veins still. In order to forgive, the other party should feel sorry but he's just too self-centered. He doesn't admit that he's a bastard. Some say he's not worthy of my forgiveness but what I still need to do though is to let go and release anger. That's hard but I'm on my way. Or can I just take a shortcut to pretend that I never knew this person? Maybe this rotten apple does not belong living in my precious memory.

This chapter in my life has ended.

0 comments: