Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grieving Time Is Over

I don't need an answer. I don't need a reason. I appreciated you. I've done my part and this is the furthest I can go. You've built a wall around you, as thick as the Great Walls of China. Your icy cold stare almost killed me. It was venomous but I neither blame you nor hate you. I was the one who allowed my heart to get stabbed. The pain is too much to bare. I'm bleeding. I'm clueless but it doesn't matter anymore. If the best way to love you were to let you go, I would grant you your wish. No matter what, yours I'll never be. Let the hopes and dreams you gave me remain a mystery. Just remember, it was your choice.

The dagger sliced deeper. A million tears remain in me but I do not cry. I don't wanna cry in the deafening silence no more. I don't wanna weep for the memories every night. I miss you, deep within but I can't lie to myself anymore. I have pride. I have dignity. I've re-awakened the self-respect that I've once lost. I can't stay at the steep ledge any longer. I'll never forget you. I'll never regret having you by my side as you were once my happiness. No remorse but no more tears. No more promises.

Now, I'm picking up the scattered pieces from the ground and I'm trying to scrub the letters "T-R-O-Y" which were deeply engraved into my heart. I'd closed the door. I'd tossed the key as far as I could. This tiny heart needs a mending for the time being. Goodbye, my love. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you happiness.

0 comments: